Community Development, MS-36  
614 Division St, Port Orchard, WA 98366
Phone:(360) 337-5777 * Fax:(360) 337-4925
Hours 8AM - 4PM (M-TH), 9AM - 1PM (F)
DCD Home

Planning & Environmental Programs
Development Eng
Fire Marshal
Land Use
GIS (Maps & Data)
Contact Us
Inspections Home
CK Comm Council
Hearing Examiner
Planning Commission
Kingston CAC
Suquamish CAC
Manchester CAC

Finding Home - Addressing in Kitsap County
Kitsap 1
Kitsap 24/7
Facebook for Kitsap County
Development Engineering Division
Members of the Development Engineering Division conduct plan reviews, issue site development activity permits (SDAPs), inspect active SDAP sites, and review preliminary land use applications for compliance with adopted engineering codes (Titles 11, 12, 16, 18 and 20 of the Kitsap County Code).
Ordinance 540-2016 (adopting Title 12 Stormwater Code)
2017 Kitsap County Code Title 12 Stormwater Drainage
2017 Kitsap County Stormwater Design Manual
Figures from Vol II, Kitsap County Stormwater Design Manual
2017 Site Development Activity Permit Forms and Submittal Documents
2010 Title 12 Stormwater Code
2010 Kitsap County Stormwater Design Manual
2010 Site Development Activity Permit Forms and Submittal Documents
Are you vested under the 1997 Kitsap County Stormwater Design Manual?  Check out the 1997 Kitsap County Stormwater Design Manual Information Site!

Single Family Residential Projects
Interested in building a home in Kitsap County?  One aspect commonly overlooked is the application of stormwater regulations to residential construction.  Most projects will need to provide onsite stormwater management and a construction stormwater pollution prevention plan.  If your project exceeds 2000 square feet of new and/or impervious surface, onsite stormwater management is required.  If your project disturbs more than 7000 square feet of land (through leveling, grading or construction activities) then you will need to provide a soil management plan as well.  Some residential projects require an engineered drainage plan.  Typically these projects are located on shorelines, near steep slopes or have other critical drainage problems.  These types of sites require application of a Site Development Activity Permit (SDAP).  A Site Development Activity Permit will be required if your project meets certain thresholds (see Brochure #57).  All projects are required to fill out a road approach application, even if one exists on the property.
Forms and Brochures:
Need more information?  Click to get answers to these commonly asked question!
Am I in a Critical Drainage Area? (see Chapter 10)
What is a construction stormwater pollution prevention plan (SWPPP)? - Brochure #53
What is a soil management plan? - Brochure #54

Contact Us
See the DCD Home Page for Customer Services Hours.
To contact a reviewer regarding an active permit, call (360) 337-5777.
Last Updated:  June 23, 2017
Admin Decisions
Annual Report
Apply for a Permit
Blue Address Sign
County Code
Comprehensive Plan Update
Customer Survey
DCD at a Glance
Director's Interpretations


Finding Home

Inspection Schedule
Residential Process Improvement
Parcel Search
Payment Methods
Permit Center
Permit Statistics
Public Notices
Related Links

Go to Adobe web site to download free Acrobat Reader
Many files on this site are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing.